Results 1 to 10 of 97

Thread: Mountain Lion killed in BSG?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Mountain Lion killed in BSG?

    Is there any truth to this? My uncle just calle and said it was hit by a vehicle and then shot next to Big Cherry Lake.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2007
    Posts
    128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mountain Lion killed in BSG?

    This sounds like the one that they killed on High Knob. There are pictures of it on the gun case at Wal-mart.
    Some people's reality is a fantasy because they don't know the difference between truth and lies

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mountain Lion killed in BSG?

    Not true. It was killed in Arizona. Huge mountain lion, but its like those rattlesnake pictures.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mountain Lion killed in BSG?

    I got this same thing in an email late last week.
    1inStripes is right - here it is on snopes.com

    http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals...inlion2007.asp
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mountain Lion killed in BSG?

    Just talked to my uncle again and it is the one from Arizona.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mountain Lion killed in BSG?

    LOL I heard this story 3 times today. I was killed on high knob twice and And down past camp Jacob once.
    GO VOLS

  7. #7
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mountain Lion killed in BSG?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got this same thing in an email late last week.
    1inStripes is right - here it is on snopes.com

    http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals...inlion2007.asp </div></div>
    sweet mother of god.......check out the paws on that thing [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]

    thats isnt a cat id want to piss off
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mountain Lion killed in BSG?

    I do know of one mountain lion being killed in this area. It happened about 40 years ago near Kent Junction. I forget the man's first name, but his last name was Maness. There were pictures of it in the old Appalachia Independent. I think at the time, I was in RT's classroom when he read the story to us and the man's daughter was in our class and confirmed the story.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •